Summertime meals call for lighter fare. Try marinated shrimp tacos topped with a refreshing mango slaw.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeño pepper
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Peel
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Sicilian Sea Salt
- 1 pound jumbo (16 to 20 count) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 6 flour tortillas, 6-inch
Mix first 9 ingredients in small bowl with wire whisk. Reserve 1/4 of the marinade. Pour remaining marinade into large resealable bag. Add shrimp; turn to coat well. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix cabbage, mango and onion in large bowl. Add reserved marinade; toss to coat. Cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Brush 1 side of each tortilla with oil. Grill, oil-side down, over medium heat 2 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove tortillas; cover with towel to keep warm.
Remove shrimp from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade. Grill shrimp over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes per side or until shrimp turn pink. To serve, place 3 shrimp on each tortilla. Top with slaw and serve immediately.
(amount per serving)
- Calories: 272
- Sodium: 521mg
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Cholesterol: 112mg
- Protein: 15g
- Fiber: 3g